Sr. Manager, App Sys Development
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-20
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The senior manager, applications systems development directs all IT and programming related activitiesfor major NIH funded researchprojects and associated foundation grants. The incumbent participates inthe design and development of new web applications, programs,and scripts for projects. The seniormanager, applications systems development demonstrates experience in bioinformaticsof next-generation sequencing and the development of tools in this area. An employee in this positionmaintains current applicationsand prepares and reviews product-related documentation. Moreover,this role operates with the goal of creating solutions that will enhance and maintain a strong businesssystem capability.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages HIM systems team,including performance management, coaching,and development
- Interfaceswith other areas of the business and implementsand drivestechnicaldecisions that arebeneficialacross all functions
- Managesthe development of detailed design specifications for use by the technical team.
- Ensuresteam development of system test plansand utilizesappropriate resources to address businessand technicalissues
- Directsand focuses efforts of project teams, monitoringprogressandofferingmentoring
- Respondstoand handlescustomer questions viaavailable communication mediums
- Collaboratescross-functionally to identify opportunities, set overall direction, and clarifyrequirementsand business needs
- Participatesintheannual budgeting process
- Analyzes system requirementsandworks withstakeholders to create an inventory of all businessimpacts and methods of resolving conflicts
- Leads the business analyst teams in identifying and documenting requirements for the ICD10 enhancements
- Supports the work activities of the business analyst teams based on the business owners and medicalIT priorities
- Communicates any requested changes ofproject scopetoappropriate staff
- Oversees evaluation of technical system gaps inthesolution and documentation of additional ICD-10requirements
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness ofthe internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures
- Ensures employees are trained on controls withinthe function and on University policy and procedures.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intendedto be all-inclusive and may be expanded to includeother duties or responsibilities as necessary
- Education:Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required, Master's Degree in relevant field preferred
- Certification and Licensing:
- Not ApplicableExperience:Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations
- Ability to establishdepartment goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i107