Film Production Instructor
Effat University’s College of Architecture and Design – Visual & Digital Production Department invites applications for full-time faculty positions at the ranks of Assistant/Associate /Full professor in Animation/Film Production /Interactive Media/ Screenwriting starting in August 2018. The positions are available immediately and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Successful candidates are expected to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the area of specialization using practical innovative methods, complement and enhance the research activities of the department and College of Architecture and Design with their own creative and scholarly activities, supervise student research thesis/projects, and publish in top notch journals in their field.
1. Role Purpose - Basic Function is to Plan, deliver and evaluate Film Production Courses
To plan, deliver and evaluate creative and innovative teaching and learning in the area of film & television Production, for the College’s own students’ projects. To contribute towards the planning and effective running of the curriculum and department. To adhere to and administrate Safety policies and procedures. To assist in the distribution of media product and the promotion and screening of film work at internal and external events.
2. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver high standards of teaching and learning in the area of media production and related areas. To be responsible for creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Plan and deliver specialist sessions in film & television production sessions using appropriate teaching methods whilst embedding the promotion of equality and diversity within the film industry and the College.
- To assist learners in producing high quality films.
- Identification of resource requirements i.e. staffing, specialist rooms, equipment, software, etc.
- Assist in the identification of students’ individual needs and in the co-ordination of relevant support to meet their needs.
- Monitor attendance and learning progress using the online register system and Individual Learning Plans.
3. Performs other Job Related Duties as Assigned
- Liaison with external agencies and industry i.e. Connexions and employers, local studios, venues and media production companies, etc.
- Participating in quality management and final standards assessment, in line with university board criteria.
- To assist with the recruitment, admission, enrolment and induction of learners onto the course/subject.
4. Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
Applicants must have BA/BFA/BSc, MA/MFA/MSc and PhD degree in one of the audiovisual media fields (Animation/Film Production /Interactive Media/ Screenwriting), from accredited university with at least five years of teaching experience at graduate and undergraduate levels. An ideal candidate must be committed to high quality teaching, outstanding research and strong publication record, ability to generate research funds and have strong relation with the industry, with very good management and leadership qualifications, communication, interpersonal, professional skills and proficiency in English language.
The instructor should be conversant with current trends and issues in the industry, and with the experience and perspective to work in curriculum development as well as corporate and community partnerships.
All applicants must submit the covering letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and research interests, sample of publications, and three letters of reference by email to [email protected] and College of Architecture and Design Recruitment Committee [email protected]effatuniversity.edu.sa
The faculty recruitment committee will review the received applications immediately, and will continue until the positions are filled.