Manager-Technology Support Services
Department: Information Services
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Feb 20, 2019
Ref No.: NUP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Support Services, The Manager of TSS assists in directing a department that provides Tier I and II technology support for BHCC students, faculty and staff. The department supports college business and academic operations. General responsibilities of this position include staff supervision, coordination, integration and optimization of services, and hardware/software asset management. This oversite also includes network connectivity and general telecommunications infrastructure. Shifts may vary between 8AM and 8PM and may require one weekend day.
- Hiring, managing, scheduling and supervision of full-time and part-time Technology Support Services staff
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to understand technical challenges and deliver optimal support service. Effectively assign work to appropriate staff.
- Optimize workflows to improve standard help desk metrics such as closed on first call, time to resolution, and customer satisfaction response.
- Identify and evaluate new hardware solutions, operating systems and selected software applications for compatibility and effectiveness.
- Standardize and document all repeatable procedures.
- Maintain and support the student, faculty, staff and special use computers, printers, copiers, scanners, networks and additional peripheral equipment
- Create and implement training strategy for continuous staff development.
- Manage projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years in a direct supervision managerial role supporting end-user computing and network administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience in the day to day server administration of Server 2012, wireless technology and Active Directory.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain high-quality service levels.
- Demonstrated success in providing exceptional internal customer service
- Experience with Windows 7, 8, 10 Operating System and Mac 10.X Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in using and supporting computer imaging software i.e. Ghost
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague, Document Management, and integrated applications
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$70,000.00
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By March 14, 2019.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume Addressing the Required Qualifications to: https://bhcc.interviewexchange.com. Fax transcript files over 2 MB to (617)-228-3328.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE