Posting Number: SRGV3775
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
Provides direct administration support with complex payroll tax and payroll processes within the department. Act as a resource and provide guidance to payroll technicians in the department.
Description of Duties:
• Acts as the main point of contact with regard to payroll/absences/and time card processing.
• Researches, analyzes and resolves difficult or technical problems or questions presented by other co-workers, faculty, staff students or outside agency representatives using knowledge of common problems and of entire payroll functions.
• Completes and/or verifies updates to payroll data ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness with payroll processing.
• Oversees and supervises assigned aspects of payroll processing (accruals, deductions, reports, absences, etc.).
• Tracks and reconciles all payroll taxes and tax treaty benefits for calendar year end reporting.
• Reviews, tracks and prepares reconciliation of all employee exits and employee leave balances.
• Coordinates updates to non-resident alien immigration documents for taxation purposes, coordinating with Office of Human Resources and Tax Compliance Office as it pertains to employees, where applicable.
• Maintains records for employee fringe benefits such as moving expenses, housing allowances, gift cards, etc., and validates payroll results.
• Processes reports, ensures and coordinates the scheduling of payroll-related payments to outside vendors, coordinating with Office of Human Resources where applicable.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
• Associates Degree in Business Administration or a closely related field, or
• 60 hours of College credit with 18 hours of classes in Business Administration or a closely related field.
• High School diploma with two (2) years of additional payroll or payroll tax related experience.
Three (3) years prior experience in payroll processing, non-resident alien payment or IRS regulations or other work experience related to the duties performed.
Standard office equipment including Microsoft Office programs.
Preferred: Experience with integrated business software system such as Oracle Business Suite, Banner Student Information.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment.
Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in all matters pertaining to tax and payroll records. May be expected to work on weekends. Occasional travel may be required. Ability to work effectively in team environment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/18/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20493
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency