RN Clinical Ladder-6 North Neurology Intermediate Care
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-26
Relocation assistance available per UVA Medical Center policy. Please contact Emily Sergovic at 434-243-1576 or [email protected] for additional information.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. See below for additional information.
Capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Assesses the physical psychological social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure at the Clinician 2 level.
- Organizes coordinates and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs at the Clinician 2 level.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination progressing patients toward desired outcomes at the Clinician 2 level.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient at the Clinician 2 level.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others at the Clinician 2 level.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care at the Clinician 2 level.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.