Non-Licensed Clinical Research Coordinator-Department of Surgery
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-19
The Department of Surgery at the University of Virginia is seeking a Non-Licensed Clinical Research Coordinator to conduct a variety of clinical trial activities. Duties will include working with research participants, processing laboratory specimens, document preparation, record keeping, materials preparation, and reviewing of prospective research participants.
Non-Licensed Clinical Research Coordinators, will assist with clinical trial related activities, recruit, screen and consent potential study participants, schedule study visits, prepare and maintain study documentation, collect data at all study visits, compile adverse event data, and manage all data collected.
Individuals seeking this position must have strong organization skills, have the ability to problem solve, work well in a team environment, have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong assessment skills and demonstrate an ability to learn new information quickly.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Please attach a cover letter and CV to your Workday application.
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants who meet research criteria. Collect basic information through scripted interviews and answer general questions.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain telephone and in-person contact. Notify Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status.
- Collect subject data, enter and analyze data, and compile reports, adhering to proper research protocols. Prepare documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials. Keep appropriate logs, track participants, and prepare study materials.
- Process, prepare and ship laboratory specimens.
- Compile and submit study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruiting materials to the Institutional Review Board and department for approval with oversight from supervisor or Principal Investigator.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: At least one year of Clinical Research Experience
Licensure: Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Associate (CCRA) with four years experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.