Engineer Staff Spec Netw Comm
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-19
A Mid to Senior Level Network Engineer that will help manage a large Cisco SD enabled wired and Aruba wireless architecture. Engineers are responsible for daily operational on-call and after-hours rotation. At this level the individual is recognized as an expert is expected to act independently once acclimated to the environment. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic team that shares information, works together well, anticipates technical issues, solves unique and complex problems, while also having the opportunity to act as a lead on projects and initiatives.
- Mastered implementing troubleshooting and correction of Layer 2 equipment
- Accomplished in implementing and troubleshooting of Layer 3 network equipment
- Able to troubleshoot VPN client issues
- Able to troubleshoot Wi-Fi client issues
- Works closely with Network Engineer –Advanced for assistance
- Willing to assist other Network Engineers
- Participates in daytime and after-hours on-call
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 7 years relevant experience
Licensure: Cisco Certification preferred but not required
The job requires walking distances to correct issues at the data closets and data centers and also requires driving to remote locations.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.