Pharmacy Technician General - Inpatient Pharmacy (wage)
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-02-19
Prepares and delivers medications to patients and/or nursing units under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner.
- Fills and delivers medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for continuous patient care.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Uses appropriate computers for entry of patient information and label generation.
- Ensures quality assurance is maintained according to departmental and legal requirements.
- Operates automated dispensing devices/repackaging machine/robots/pumps.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy within 6 months of hire requiredThe University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.