Billing & Collections Analyst 2
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-19
This position analyzes account receivables and takes appropriate actions to resolve issues, debit/credit balances and data discrepancies.
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position analyzes account receivables and takes appropriate actions to resolve issues, debit/credit balances and data discrepancies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the job (specific duties vary depending on department):
- Posts denials/rejects into EPIC billing system.
- Responds to inquiries from patients, clinical departments, and third parties via telephone, written correspondence and personal contacts.
- Adds/corrects registration, insurance, and demographic data in the billing system to ensure accurate records.
- Analyzes and prepares applicable adjustments to physicians’ fees in compliance with established guidelines.
- Processes adjustments as requested by the Departments and/or Supervisors.
- Obtains necessary information and records for researching and resolving accounts.
- Sends requests to resolve misapplied payments and credit balances.
- Participates in special meetings and projects as required.
- Follows up with third party carriers to resolve issues and obtains payment by coordinating resolution to rejected, denied, and outstanding claims to ensure timely collections.
- Analyzes accounts that are not resolved within the time specified by the contract to determine causes of unresolved issues. Selects the most efficient and effective follow up strategy to resolve the account to obtain reimbursement.
- Must be aware of carrier policies and guidelines.
- Works directly with departments and carriers on denial resolution.
- Manages work through use of multiple systems.
- Analyzes credit balances including returned checks and refund requests from various sources, and then takes action to resolve by initiating a refund or moving money.
- Analyzes underpayments and over payments and processes refund related offsets.
- Other duties as identified by Unit Coordinator, Supervisor and/or B&C management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some college courses preferred.
- CPC Preferred
- Two years relevant office experience.
- Experience with insurance preferred.
- Experience utilizing EPIC billing system, or other medical billing application software preferred.
- Word processing and database skills required.
- 10-key calculator experience preferred.
- Strong math skills preferred.