CCE Fellow for Student Engagement - 501903
CCE Fellow for Student Engagement - 501903
Under general supervision, The Bonner Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) Fellow for Student Engagement coordinates the day-to-day activities in support of educational events and programs that provide students with high-impact civic engagement experiences. Coordinates and facilitates meetings, trainings, service, program functions, and/or special events, as appropriate. Presents curricula, assembles presentations, prepares materials, and supports and/or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars, and other training services. Advises and supports student participants as appropriate to program activities. Assists with promotional materials, program implementation, administration, and reporting.
The Bonner Center for Civic Engagement is committed to the full participation of all stakeholders; we seek out and consider diverse perspectives and experiences, recognize participants as whole people, and work to eradicate barriers to participation to ensure that individuals of all backgrounds can contribute meaningfully to the University of Richmond community and the Richmond region. We are committed to the elimination of structural inequality and we are especially interested in candidates who have a proven track record of contributing to diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts.
EDUCATIONAL AND SERVICE EVENT PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION:
- Participates in the planning, coordination, publicity, implementation, and evaluation of educational and service events related to student engagement, including one-time service, meetings, conferences, and/or special events; coordinates budgets, speakers, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, accommodations and travel, catering, and other related applicable event activities.
- Provides on-site event coordination which includes problem-solving, decision-making, and interaction with local vendors and community organizations.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate to ensure cost-effective programs and prepares internal reports for management; participates in budget planning and management, as required; may coordinate and administer the purchasing of event-related supplies and/or equipment.
- In collaboration with CCE’s Assistant Director for Communications, designs and prepares various recruitment and marketing materials, to include mailings, press releases, flyers, newsletters, and other promotional materials; supports CCE communications strategy through events-related portions of department website and social media accounts; contributes to content strategy and online media relations outreach for multiple social media platforms.
- May perform a variety of administrative functions related to events, including data management and correspondence, and report writing.
- May hire, train, and/or supervise special event support staff and/or student employees.
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT AND ADVISING
- Provides and/or coordinates comprehensive advising and related support to prospective and current student participants in programs, helping students connect their civic engagement to their academic and career pursuits; acts as student advocate, and provides day-to-day problem solving as necessary on student needs and issues.
- Coordinates and implements onboarding process for student volunteers, including recruitment, orientations, and ongoing trainings.
- Aligns CCE’s student engagement efforts with other units by managing select on-campus partnerships.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of civic engagement and student-development theories, research and practices.
- Knowledge of best practices in student civic engagement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and generate reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting and event planning principles, requirements, procedures, and available resources.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Knowledge of event facilities, technology, and equipment.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- Required: Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in civic engagement and/or volunteerism in a higher education context preferred.
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- This is a 10-month position that works from mid-July to mid-May
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week;
- Flexibility needed to work nights and weekends, as need
Pay Grade 4 (Hiring Range: $15.46 to $20.49 per hour)
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE