Physical Therapy/ Asst. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-19
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
This faculty will hold dual responsibilities in teaching and clinical service delivery. The faculty will interact in both teaching and service roles with other members of the Department of Physical Therapy and of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine community.
• Teach courses in the physical therapy clinical sciences for the DPT program and clinical education according to the candidate's areas of expertise and the needs of the department.
• Participate collegially in departmental and university service and governance functions.
• Participate in clinical program development and educational program development in the area of vestibular rehabilitation.
• Perform scholarly activities and conduct research in the physical therapy clinical sciences or physical therapy education.
• Provide clinical services in the area of vestibular rehabilitation.
• Perform other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Chair of the Department.
• Other duties as assigned: "Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed."
Reports to the department chair. Supervision exercised:
• An entry level degree in physical therapy.
• A Doctor of Physical Therapy (entry-level or transitional) and/or an earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, ScD) in an area relevant to Physical Therapy
• Eligibility for Physical Therapy licensure in Florida.
• University level teaching experience in physical therapy clinical sciences.
• Experience in teaching, mentoring, and advising physical therapy clinical doctorate students.
• Experience in patient care delivery in the area of vestibular rehabilitation.