Radiology- Asst. Professor of Clinical
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-19
If you are a current employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami (UM) is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
▪ Interpret Neuro, abdominal and chest imaging (body CTs, chest CTs, Neuro CT's, plain
films), MR imaging of the body/Neuro and diagnostic ultrasound.
▪ Supervise performance of technical personnel.
▪ Take evenings and afterhours/weekends call at UMH or at other venues as required.
▪ Cover UMH, UMHC and Satellites remotely from UMH; however, coverage at other
areas may be necessary.
▪ Exercise quality assurance as related to the practice of emergency imaging and diagnostic
▪ Provide diagnostic imaging consultations as requested.
▪ Provide emergency patient care related to imaging as required in the setting of a radiology
▪ Assume administrative responsibilities related to the practice of emergency imaging and
diagnostic imaging at UMH/ UMHC.
▪ Participate in teaching activities related to general radiology as required in:
- Technological radiology educational programs
- Continuing medical education programs
▪ Serve on Departmental, University of Miami Medical Center committees and provide service to the same in other manners as requested.
▪ Accept assignments as determined by the department Chair
Applicants must apply online.The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.