Calibration Technician II
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Metrology Manager, the Calibration Technician works closely with internal departments and external vendors to perform calibration, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair on laboratory and manufacturing analytical equipment and instrumentation according to cGMP and industry standards.
- Perform calibrations on all critical process equipment ensuring compliance with SOPs and cGMPs
- Perform scheduled, demand, new and emergency calibrations on laboratory and process equipment
- Maintain calibration records and instrument tagging
- Assist in change control documentation and deviation notifications
- Assist in troubleshooting instrumentation issues as needed
- Revise SOPs
- Coordinate offsite calibration activities with vendors
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Associate’s degree with 2-4 years of experience OR
- High school diploma with a minimum of 4-6 years related experience
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments
- Thorough understanding of metrology principles defined in ASNI/NCSL required
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision required.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Metrology tasks performed in manufacturing classified areas and metrology lab.
- Gowning required when working in classified areas.
- Job may involve working with or near toxic or infectious materials.
- Employee will be required to follow MBL Infection Control plan as required by OSHA.