Assistant Professor in Emergency Medicine
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Assistant Professor in Emergency Medicine Requisition Number FE01828 Working Title Department Name 7H140:EMERGENCY MEDICINE Work Location Lexington, KY Type of Position Faculty Position Time Status Full-Time Tenure Track Status Non-Tenure Track Required Education
MD/DO or equivalentRequired Related Experience
Completion of a residency program in Emergency MedicineRequired License/Registration/Certification
Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
Currently licensed, or eligible for license, to practice medicine in the state of KentuckyJob Summary
The Department of Emergency Medicine at University of Kentucky is recruiting a full-time faculty member at the Assistant Professor level. The desired individual must be board eligible or certified in emergency medicine. This position will function as an attending physician in the Emergency Department at Chandler and Good Samaritan Hospital.
The position will have an opportunity to participate in research, teaching, career development, and service activities, as well as departmental activities such as faculty meetings, research and teaching conferences, and other committees as requested.
Please include a current curriculum vitae along with application. Applications will be reviewed immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience Deadline to Apply Open Until Filled Yes University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter