Staff Research Associate 1
Staff Research Associate 1 Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201902128281 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $43,702 - $52,200 Position Information The purpose of this position is to rear insect colonies, conduct field work and conduct laboratory bioassays and experiments in support of the other Staff Research Associates at the Kearney Agricultural Center. The position performs day-to-day activities related to rearing plants and insects, infesting plants/fruits with insects for experiments, evaluating mortalities after application of pesticides, data summary and analysis.This position is located at the UC Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center in Parlier, CA. Minimum Requirements Bachelors degree in Biology (entomology background preferred); ability to conduct field and laboratory work independently, observe small insects and mites in the field and ability to recognize and monitor stages of arthropod pest populations; ability to utilize Microsoft office for data entry, analysis, and presentation. Ability and flexibility to make adaptive changes as experiments change. Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of citrus pests such as California Red Scale, Brevipalpus mites, spider mites, thrips, citrus leafminer, and their natural enemies; skill in rearing plants and insects; skill in using stereoscope to observe insects and mites; knowledge of how to work with pesticides and conduct bioassays. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position