Accounting Adjunct Professor
Adjunct faculty salary for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is $885.00 per credit hour.
South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) seeks an engaging and dedicated Accounting instructor to teach financial accounting, intermediate accounting, and other related courses in our Social Sciences & Business Division.
SPSCC accepts applications for adjunct faculty (part-time) positions on an ongoing basis to establish a qualified pool of applicants. The applicant pool is created for future, part-time professor appointments for the individual program or course indicated. This announcement will serve as an open and continuous applicant pool. Appointment availability varies from quarter to quarter. Candidates selected from the pool will be contacted by the division should a vacancy arise.
- Develop and deliver organized lesson plans
- Use concept - demonstrate approach including high student engagement activities
- Assess skill acquisition
- Provide consistent and timely feedback
- Provide support to struggling students
- Principles of Accounting I, II and III
- General ledger computerized accounting systems
- Payroll accounting and business taxes
- Intermediate Accounting I and II
- Governmental Accounting
- Federal Income Tax
Ability to teach a range of daytime, evening, or on-line sections.
Qualifications You Possess
- Master's degree in Accounting (or related area with significant coursework in Accounting) from an accredited college or university and experience teaching accounting courses at the college level.
- Accounting-related work experience
- Online teaching accreditation
Applications must include the following attachments:
- Cover letter addressed to the Screening Committee that addresses your qualifications as they relate to the minimum qualifications and required attributes described in this announcement.
- Current resume.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts from institutions of higher education.
Condition of Employment
Employment with the college is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check. Any adverse information will be considered on a case-by-case basis and does not automatically preclude a candidate from employment.
This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by the South Puget Sound Federation of Teachers, AFT/AFL-CIO, Local 4603.
South Puget Sound Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
South Puget Sound Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). SPSCC provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, Samantha Dotson, Executive Human Resource Officer /Title IX Coordinator, 360-596-5361, [email protected], Building 25, Room 220, 2011 Mottman Rd SW, Olympia, WA 98512; South Puget Sound Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment.Applicants needing accommodation in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resources office at (360) 596-5500.