MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 02/13/19
CLOSING DATE: 03/29/19 05:00 PM
The Governing Board of the Monterey Peninsula Community College District invites applications for the position of Superintendent/President.
The Superintendent/President reports to the elected Board, which includes five members and a student representative. The Superintendent/President serves as the leader of the College and as its primary spokesperson while being responsible for the overall administration of the District. The Board is seeking a strong leader who will be a visible presence in the District's communities, ensuring excellence in education and service while inspiring confidence and trust on campus and throughout the District.
Monterey Peninsula College (MPC) seeks applications from all qualified individuals. It is a continuing goal of MPC to hire and retain people who reflect the rich diversity of the District and its student body. Monterey Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
MPC's STRENGTHS AND CHALLENGES
• Excellent faculty and staff, as well as a diverse and engaged student population
• A positive image in both the community and region
• Full 7-year accreditation attained in 2019 from ACCJC
• Fiscally well-managed
• Revitalized campus buildings and grounds through our $145 million bond
• Well-established governance structures
• Well-designed planning and resource allocation process
• A clearly defined multi-site plan that includes our facilities in Marina and Seaside
• A growing and vibrant foundation
• Maintaining quality and delivery of instructional and support services in an era of fluctuating resources
• Balancing the educational mission of the college with economic realities
• Responding to increasing requirements regarding accountability and the collection, use and storage of data
• Raising our employees' salaries to a level commensurate with our area's cost of living
The Board of Monterey Peninsula College and the MPC Superintendent/President Search Committee will evaluate a candidate's educational background, professional experience and accomplishments, reputation, and character in its search for a new Superintendent/President based on the following desirable qualities identified by faculty, staff and students.
The MPC community desires a Superintendent/President who:
• Is student-centered, committed to student access and success;
• Has demonstrated management skills in resource development, financial management, team building and labor relations;
• Unifies people and directs that energy toward service to students;
• Supports a partnership between instruction, student services and administration operations;
• Subscribes to a transparent administration;
• Can oversee the development and implementation of an effective strategic plan;
• Will establish and maintain a positive institutional presence and image in the community and its various constituencies;
• Is committed to data-driven decision-making;
• Raises substantial resources, and aligns fundraising to student access and success goals and institutional planning;
• Empowers others through a collaborative decision-making style based on participatory governance.
• Master's degree or advanced degree of at least equivalent standard from an accredited college or university. The required degree must be completed at the time of filing an application.
• Minimum of five years of documented successful experience in progressively responsible positions at the senior level in higher education.
• Successful experience in a community college environment of shared governance and collective bargaining or documentation of similar experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to and successful experience in community involvement.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff.
• Earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
• Teaching, student services or administrative services experience preferably at the postsecondary level.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and student success.
• Sensitivity to diversity issues and a documented ability to lead an institution which values differences.
WORK SCHEDULE / SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary, benefits, length of contract and other terms and conditions of employment will be competitive and negotiable. The Governing Board and the selected candidate will agree mutually on the terms of employment and start date.
Employment with Monterey Peninsula College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, proof of freedom from tuberculosis and proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Employees must submit fingerprints for California Department of Justice clearance.
For additional information, confidential inquiries, and nominations, please contact:
Joan Smith, Ed.D.
Search Consultant, Community College Search Services
[email protected]; (209) 566-5421
Eva Conrad, Ph.D.
Managing Partner, Community College Search Services
[email protected]; (805) 660-1527
FILING AN APPLICATION
To be considered for this position, please go to www.mpc.edu/supt-pres-search2019.Click on the job title button for full details about the position. Click on the application process button for steps on how to apply.
You will be required to create a user account. If you have a user account NeoGov, you will be able to use your existing account login information. Please complete all the required components of the application including uploading of your transcripts and other required documents.
Applicants must submit the following:
1. A completed online MPC application form that can be accessed from the MPC website:https://www.mpc.edu/supt-pres-search2019
2. A letter of application of no more than six pages is requested. The cover letter application must describe skills and experiences that have prepared you to meet the desirable qualitiesdescribed in the position announcement.
3. A current resume including educational background, professional experience, professional activities, and any other experience pertinent to the position.
4. A list of eight references with business and home telephone numbers, including two supervisors, two subordinates (including one support staff member), two faculty, and two community members.
5. Copies of transcript(s) from all higher education institutions attended. (These may be unofficial. Official transcripts must be provided when a job offer is made.) Documentation from an approved foreign transcript evaluator is required for degrees received from other countries. For a list of approved foreign transcript evaluation agencies, please go to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
Please submit only materials requested. All documents included in your application file become the property of the College and will not be returned.
The position is open until filled. However, to ensure consideration application materials should be submitted to Human Resources by 5:00 pm on March 29, 2019.
MPC reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time.
Applications and nominees who believe they are under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) who require accommodation during any part of the interview or selection process must submit a written request with documentation at least three business days prior to the date of need of the accommodation via email to: Kayla Garcia at [email protected] or contact at (831) 646-3038.
EEO NON-DISCRIMINATION NOTICE
The District is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified applicants. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status or protected veteran status.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/2353272/superintendent-president
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency