Full-Time Instrumentation Instructor
Full-Time Instrumentation Instructor
Posting Number: 0000855
PS Position#: 00000675
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Technical Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance education courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Instrumentation courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and dual credit classes at various campuses.
- Recruit for and promote the Instrumentation program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate (or higher) degree required
- Must have three (3) years hands-on technician experience troubleshooting and repairing instrumentation systems in a production plant
- Demonstrate proficiency in the physics of Instrumentation
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic, entry level Instrumentation job skills
- Must have hands-on experience with current control strategies and technologies such as PLC’s and DCS’s
- Demonstrate basic understanding of various communication bus technologies (such as Fieldbus)
- Demonstrate basic understanding of electricity, networking, and process technology
- Ability to configure and implement discrete controllers
- Ability to calibrate pneumatic, electronic, and digital instrumentation
- Prefer ten (10) or more years of related, non-teaching work experience (will consider less based on support skills, such as acquired in practicing design)
- Electrical experience a plus
- International Society of Automation (ISA) membership desired
- NCCER, ISA, IBEW, and other certifications a plus
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5416
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency