Administrative Secretary, President's Office
Administrative Secretary, President's Office
Posting Number: 0000854
PS Position#: 00000091
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $38,000 - $42,000 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: President's Office
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide support and assistance to both the President's Office and the Internal Auditor's Office, demonstrating professionalism and confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the Office of the President, in carrying out the mission of the College.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support and assistance to the President, Auditor, and Executive Assistant to the President.
- Manage the Auditor's calendar; set up routine meetings, prepare meeting documentation, and attend meetings.
- Assist Auditor with preparation of reports and presentations.
- Assist with the President's calendar; set up routine meetings and prepare meeting documentation.
- Greet and receive visitors to the President's Office.
- Answer phones and route calls or provide information as needed; be the gatekeeper.
- Prepare and maintain monthly Shadow Budgets for the Office of the President.
- Create Purchase Requisitions for the Office of the President and the Auditor.
- Process account statements and credit card expenses for the President and Auditor monthly.
- Facilitate meetings by making room reservations, making copies, arranging for audio/visual equipment, ordering food, preparing room, and set-up/clean-up.
- Assist with keeping policy manuals up-to-date.
- Create internal and external correspondence and presentations.
- Assist with special event planning.
- Input Cabinet vacations/conferences on calendar and in Jantek system.
- Maintain Cabinet tracking forms as directed.
- Maintain newspaper binder and publication files.
- Process daily mail.
- Process monthly birthday cards for employees.
- Manage office supplies, food, beverages, and kitchen supplies; ensure refrigerator stocked daily and kitchen/storage areas are clean and orderly.
- Run office errands/shopping for supplies as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- In the event of President's Office staff absences, assume other responsibilities.
- Attend special events.
- Assist with breakfast/luncheons hosted by the President or in conjunction with the President's Office for community leaders, community college presidents, deans, etc. (i.e. working luncheons, Commencement, President's Holiday Luncheon, Honor's Day, special events/meetings, etc.).
- Represent the President's Office by serving on College committees as requested and approved by the President (i.e., Special Events Committee, Anniversary Planning Committee, Fall/Spring Professional Development Committee, United Way Committee, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of sixty (60) college credit hours
- Two (2) years of related work experience supporting managers/executives
- Must be organized, accurate, attentive to detail, and able to master a wide range of tasks in a dynamic, fast paced work environment
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, as well as the ability to master additional software programs as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to diffuse irate, frustrated students and parents
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to converse easily with the public
- Strong organizational skills
- Dependable and professional
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Bilingual: Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Close Date: 3/1/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5414
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency