Executive Assistant to the Dean, School of Liberal Arts & Education
Executive Assistant to the Dean, School of Liberal Arts & Education
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Executive Assistant to the Dean
Department: Dean's Office
Division: School of Liberal Arts & Education
Reports To: Director of Operations/Budget & Administrative Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a full time Executive Assistant to the Dean position. Reporting to the Director of Operations, and Budget & Administrative Manager, the Executive Assistant's primary responsibility is to direct and coordinate administrative support services required, to effectively assist the Dean's office (LAE), and ensure appropriate support for all programs offered by the school. This includes but is not limited to overseeing support services for the development, implementation, and administration for all programs offered by the School, as well as participation and collaboration on special projects requiring knowledge and understanding of both the School and the University.
- Assist with the administrative functions related to full-time and part-time faculty employment including contract preparation and distribution, ensuring appropriate confidentiality.
- Assist in managing the LAE fall, spring, and summer course scheduling process. Assist with accurate and current schedule maintenance.
- Periodically review and update LAE School information including catalog copy, internal databases, and internal website content as required.
- Maintain a database of each semester's syllabi for all LAE courses.
- Assist in the development and management of internal and external publicity for LAE through bulletin boards, newsletter and social media.
- Maintain digital files for all full-time and part-time faculty.
- Manage student course evaluation files including the timely return to faculty and proper electronic storage for future faculty review.
- Coordinate the workload report process through assistance to faculty with report deadlines and verifying and communicating workload summaries to faculty and Division Chairs.
- Coordinate, purchase, and secure material resources, furniture, computer and office equipment allocating office space for newly hired staff, full-time and part-time faculty.
- Work with IT Department each semester to coordinate changes for all part-time faculty, including email list updates.
- Act as resource and organizer of administrative coordinators of department chairs within the School.
- Supervise and develop student workers, temporary and part-time staff as needed.
- Provide professional customer service regarding general inquiries from students, staff, faculty and members of the public.
- Document expenditures, reimbursements, and disbursements from School accounts within budget allocations.
- Facilitate incoming and outgoing correspondence including the composition of required internal and external communications, memos, reports, and proposals.
- Gather information and assist in the preparation of applications, forms, rosters, surveys, and other data reports required for various agencies and organizations.
- Order supplies, request keys, and schedule maintenance as needed.
- Schedule room reservations for school related meetings and events.
- Coordinate special events including catering and special materials.
- Deliver mail and other items as requested.
- Reconcile purchasing card expenditures, verifying expenses are accurately coded.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible administrative support and office management experience
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite and Google Suite
- Knowledge of basic web content management
- Problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Adaptable, dependable and able to take initiative
- Ability to work on deadline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills and abilities
- Strong time management skills and able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and handle confidential information
- Previous work experience in an academic institution or context
- Experience using social media for promotions and event announcements
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by March 1st, 2019; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency