Adjunct Faculty in Data Sciences and Cloud Computing - Undergraduate (Online)
Job location: Remote / Nationwide
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-03-04
Provides quality education and maintains high standards of academic excellence in teaching assigned courses in discipline. Conducts office hours as assigned.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can change lives? Strayer University is seeking a dynamic Adjunct Faculty member to join our academics team. We are currently in search of a passionate professor for an online undergraduate Computer Information Systems Data Science and Cloud Computing class for the upcoming Summer quarter, starting July 1, 2019. Our classes are on a 12-week quarter schedule.
Strayer Adjunct Faculty are not just instructors, they are also coaches and mentors. Our faculty members strive to ignite a life-long love of learning in our students, and to be flexible with their diverse learning styles. We believe in a strong faculty-student relationship and building a community in the classroom.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Teach courses assigned from a pre-designed curriculum and utilize your professional expertise to provide high quality instruction
- Enhance the strength and effectiveness of the curriculum by infusing technology into it, to include videos and social media.
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to enrich the student learning experience
- Be available to students via email, phone, text and office hours to ensure students receive quality feedback in a timely manner to support their academic success
- Experience teaching at a college level, preferably with adult learners
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Master's OR Doctorate in Information Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science, required
- At least one of the following Certifications, required (must be active and up-to-date):
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the university
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Mobility within the office, including movement from floor to floor
- Must be able to lift one (1) pound
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]