Transfer Articulation Analyst
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
Responsible for evaluating, maintaining and processing official transactions pertaining to transfer articulation and related student academic records, ensuring the protection of student records in compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). This includes evaluating prior education, determining which credits meet General Education requirements and working with the members of the University Academic Advising Center, the faculty, the Assessment Center and the Admissions Office to ensure that the student’s needs are met.
- Evaluates transcripts and determines if coursework is transferable and fulfills University’s General Education requirements;
- Utilizing Banner, accurately inputs and correct student information and assists with ongoing development and efficacy of Curriculum Advising and Program Planning module;
- Researches transfer work from other institutions and determines the accurate transfer of such credit to NLU;
- Informs students of transfer credit and General Education requirements;
- Represents the Registrar at University events for transfer students and other Registrar-related functions;
- Communicates the University’s transfer policies and procedures to enrollment representatives, academic advisors and transfer counselors from other institutions;
- Processes changes of program for current students, including re-evaluation of transfer work if necessary;
- Processes re-entry of returning students, including re-evaluation of transfer work;
- Assist in developing and updating transfer agreements between NLU and other institutions;
- Support the mission of the Office of the Registrar by assisting in other areas as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years of directly related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy including MS Office, experience with Banner preferred.
- Exceptional ability to identify customer needs and expectations and work to exceed those in a timely manner even in times of stress.
- Strong capacity to work independently to solve problems and take a proactive approach to anticipate future challenges/opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately both in writing and verbally