Dean of Communication and Arts
The Dean for Communication and Arts provides leadership for the support and advancement of all teaching and learning in communication and arts programs and curricula. The Dean leads the daily operations of the academic units including the hiring and supervision of faculty and staff, evaluations, department budget(s), and facilities and equipment management. The Dean serves on the Academic Deans Council, the Expanded Cabinet, and other leadership groups and committees as needed to further advance the College's academic mission. The Dean of Communication and Arts reports directly to the Vice President for Learning/Chief Academic Officer.
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ Years in a Faculty Position
- Exhibit evidence of successful administrative leadership experience in a higher education setting, such as having served as department chair, program director, or equivalent academic leadership position.
- Master's degree or above from an accredited institution in one of the disciplines taught in the C&A Division.
- Terminal degree preferred.
- Writing or managing grants. Curriculum development, program development, or other demonstrated evidence of scholarship.