Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
The Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive, in-depth, and effective athletic compliance program by providing a professional service of monitoring, interpreting and analyzing and evaluating athletic department activities intended to support NCAA, CIAA and university rules and to prevent, detect and respond appropriately to violations of applicable athletic rules and regulations.
- Participates in the design and substance of the university’s athletic compliance program. Collaborates with athletic compliance directors to plan and develop athletic compliance program objectives and content. Assists athletic compliance program with administrative functions covering strategic planning; policy development and implementation; program development and evaluation; compliance assessment and interpretation; quality control; research; statistical analysis; program needs assessment; and delivery of program services.
- Assists with developing, updating, and managing the dissemination, interpretation and application of athletic compliance rules, regulations, policies and procedures, as assigned. Fosters a culture that promotes integrity and ethical behavior within the athletic compliance program.
- Assesses, and monitors recruiting activities such as official and unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes and their guests, coaches’ recruiting activities. Determines if official visit documentation satisfies regulations. Ensures there is appropriate documentation for all recruiting activities. Follows up on all recruiting activities of a coaching staff as necessary.
- Identifies risk and responds to identified issues, problems and/or concerns in collaboration with directors.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with two years minimum experience
- Professional experience in dealing with an athletic compliance program and rules/regulatory issues. Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively and tactfully with everyone.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision, make decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Must have a high level of professional appearance and demeanor and have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.