Adjunct Science Faculty
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill an adjunct teaching position for an online instructor who teaches Science for non-science majors such as Meteorology and Astronomy (see SUNY Sullivan’s online catalog for course descriptions pertaining to these classes), for the fall 2019 semester.
The successful candidate will be willing and able to commit to delivering well-prepared lessons; holding online office hours; engaging in regular and timely communication with students and staff via college email; developing and following clear and transparent grading practices; adhering to college and department policies; and submitting requested grades, records, and academic paperwork by posted deadlines.
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D. preferred with at least 3 years of online teaching experience.
- Experience with Brightspace Learning Management System preferred.
- Possess the ability to effectively interact online with a diverse student and staff population.
- Possess a strong commitment to student success.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
Review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Materials received before 6/25/19 will be given priority, but positions will remain open until filled. Please e-mail your cover letter and resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources. Please indicate in your cover letter the source where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Office of Human Resources
E-mail: [email protected]
Please visit our web site at: www.sunysullivan.edu/humanresources
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College