Full-Time Instrumentation Instructor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000855 Job Title: Full-Time Instrumentation Instructor PS Position#: 00000675 Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience. Classification: Faculty Department: Technical Studies POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note – This is a contract position.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance education courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Instrumentation courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week, and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Instrumentation program.
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate (or higher) degree required
- Must have three (3) years hands-on technician experience troubleshooting and repairing instrumentation systems in a production plant
- Demonstrate proficiency in the physics of Instrumentation
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic, entry level Instrumentation job skills
- Must have hands-on experience with current control strategies and technologies such as PLC’s and DCS’s
- Demonstrate basic understanding of various communication bus technologies (such as Fieldbus)
- Demonstrate basic understanding of electricity, networking, and process technology
- Ability to configure and implement discrete controllers
- Ability to calibrate pneumatic, electronic, and digital instrumentation
- Prefer ten (10) or more years of related, non-teaching work experience (will consider less based on support skills, such as acquired in practicing design)
- Electrical experience a plus
- International Society of Automation (ISA) membership desired
- NCCER, ISA, IBEW, and other certifications a plus
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's (or higher) degree?
- * Do you have three (3) years of hands-on technician experience troubleshooting and repairing instrumentation systems in a production plant?
- * Do you have hands-on experience with current control strategies and technologies such as PLC’s and DCS’s?
- * Do you have ten (10) or more years of related, non-teaching experience?
- * Do you have electrical experience?
- * Do you have a current membership with the International Society of Automation (ISA)?
- * Do you have NCCER, ISA, IBEW, and/or other certifications?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document