To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the Continue to NextPage button. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Postingto human resources, you must click on the Continue to Next Page button from the last section. Oncea summary page appears, select the Submit button and then click the Continue button. Your Postingwill not be saved or sent to the next status until you see the confirmation page and click the Confirmbutton.Position Information Classification Title Student Assistant I Job Code/BCAT Position Type Student Department University Communications & Marketing Position Title Graphic Designer Position Number Budget Position Number 10045866 Pay Scale $7.25 - $8.50 Nature of Work
This position plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of UCM by creating engaging graphics while enforcing the importance of the UWG Go West brand. This position supports our in-house graphic design team, creating graphics as requested by our on-campus constituents, while gaining experience in maintaining the integrity of an institutional brand campaign, creative testing, and presentations.Required Qualifications
1. Currently enrolled UWG Student
2. Experience using Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects) with Mac OS
3. Comfortability with Google Mail, Docs, Sheets
5. Must be able to communicate your ideas clearly with clients and take feedback on your work
6. In addition to a resume and a cover letter, applicants will need to submit a website link to their work. This link should be included on your resume. If you do not have a website / digital portfolio, please submit 3-5 samples of your recent graphic design work by email to Brandy Barker ([email protected]) when you submit your application.
In addition to a resume and cover letter, you are required to submit a website link to your portfolio or sample of your work via email.Position Status Temporary - Part-Time Position Notes
SA I positions include standard, routine duties which require minimal prior training or experience. Most often, Student Assistant I positions work with other students and are frequently supervised. This classification may be used while training for a higher level.Required Qualifications
Must be a current University of West Georgia student enrolled for six credit hours and maintaining at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average.Number of Hires Requested for Position Title 1 Funding Source 1059101 10500 524100 16500 11000 Posting Detail Information Posting Number ST01566 Posting Date 02/18/2019 Closing Date 02/22/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit a link to your website, online portfolio, or 3-5 pdf samples of your work to [email protected]Primary Duties and Responsibilities Primary Duties and Responsibilities Percentage Of Total Time 2 Responsibility / Duty
Compliance training and development.Primary Duties and Responsibilities Percentage Of Total Time 83 Responsibility / Duty
Support our in-house graphic design team, creating graphics as requested by our on-campus constituents, while gaining experience in maintaining the integrity of an institutional brand campaign, creative testing, and presentations.Primary Duties and Responsibilities Percentage Of Total Time 15 Responsibility / Duty
Study and learn the UWG Brand Guidelines and Strategy and their importance alongside Director of Graphic Design and in-house Graphic Designers.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you admitted to the University of West Georgia and enrolled for at least 6 credit hours?
- * Do you have a cumulative grade-point average of at least 2.0 in all college course work attempted? (First semester freshmen and first semester graduate students should select yes).
- * Are you participating in the Dual Enrollment program, also known as Move On When Ready? This program allows students currently enrolled in high school to attend college classes.
- Portfolio of Work