HR Business Partner
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title HR Business Partner Requisition Number RE17292 Working Title HR Business Partner, College of Medicine Department Name 3J510:Human Resources Administration Work Location Lexington Grade Level 45 Salary Range $44,096-72,779/year Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position may require sitting, standing and/or walking for extended periods of timeShift
Primarily Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM with occasional evenings and weekends per departmental needs.Job Summary
The HR Business Partner works to ensure the College of Medicine receives strategic HR services and supports projects to assist in managing change and process improvement related to research, clinical and education missions. Support includes performance management consultation, HR program/process development and maintenance, HR metrics and design, protocol development, reorganization assistance, and other support duties as required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key leaders within the College of Medicine with the goal of anticipating ways to advance business objectives through HR best practices and program/service delivery.
- Providing project management leadership for multiple simultaneous initiatives from point of concept development through project completion.
- Partnering effectively with HR colleagues and customers to proactively identify and communicate support required to meet project deliverables, removing barriers and identifying creative solutions.
- Providing supervision
- Developing and/or facilitating workflows, protocols, tools and/or process changes to best support end-users.
- Serving as the voice of the customer to HR and the voice of HR to the customer. Providing service navigation, trouble-shooting and facilitation for customers.
- Providing senior leadership with timely and appropriate information to assist in strategic decision making.
- Contributing to overall HR goals and initiatives and helping to align these strategies with customer needs.
Please apply for any and all HR Business Partner positions for which you feel qualified. If you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for the position.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
We are seeking an individual with initiative, superior customer service focus, team orientation, excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to build strong working relationships, and expertise in the full Microsoft Office Suite. A successful candidate will also have HR professional knowledge, the ability to multi-task with a strong emphasis on accuracy, and attention to detail. Solid time management, problem solving, critical thinking, follow-through, planning, and organizational skills are all critical to success in this position. A high level of drive for inclusiveness and adherence to the principles of confidentiality and diversity are a must.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? Yes Preferred Education/Experience
Degree in Human Resources or related; significant work experience in human resources with a focus on the hiring processes; experience utilizing SAP, IES, Position Review, and/or related systems; driver’s license preferred.Deadline to Apply 02/24/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the number of positions per month in which you were responsible for managing the hiring process.
- More than 0 positions, up through 25 positions
- More than 25 positions, up through 50 positions
- More than 50 positions, up through 75 positions
- More than 75 positions, up through 100 positions
- More than 100 positions
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have in a formal Human Resources unit/division/business?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please list computer programs or applications with which you have extensive knowledge/experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter