Associate Director, Stewardship & Donor Relations
Position InformationPosition Information Present Position Number FP784W Role Code Title Prof/Lecturer/11-12Mth Position Title Associate Director, Stewardship & Donor Relations Position Summary
The Associate Director, Stewardship & Donor Relations (Associate Director) is responsible for a donor cultivation and stewardship program for donors to scholarships and professorships and for donors in a singular giving society at William & Mary. The Associate Director’s collaborative stewardship responsibilities will focus on major gift prospects and donors in these areas.
The Associate Director is a member of a three-person team, reporting to and supporting the Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations to oversee acknowledgement, recognition and sustained stewardship processes; the Associate Director also communicates Advancement standards across campus to ensure a consistent donor thank you experience. In addition to implementing a broad strategy for scholarship and professorship gift recognition and for donors in a singular giving society at William & Mary, the Associate Director will also research and recommend new and innovative stewardship programming to promote future giving, and will manage gift acknowledgement and recognition, including letters, press releases, events, plaques, and custom recognition activities and gifts.
This position is seated on our University Marketing & Advancement Communications team in University Advancement which includes events as well as our entire creative (writing and digital and video) team.
Bachelor’s degree required with substantive experience or specialized expertise directly related to the position.
- Knowledge of donor/constituent database systems.
- Knowledge of a comprehensive stewardship program
- Superior planning and organizational skills, with the independent ability to initiate, organize, follow through with program plans and meet deadlines required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data and produce reports to create and track metrics to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Solid project management and problem solving skills, with the ability set priorities, with the ability to think creatively and propose effective solutions.
- Demonstrates strong advisory skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and handling confidential materials with sensitivity and discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to proof read and edit documents in a variety of formats and, the demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a diverse audience and work collaboratively as a strong team player.
- Experience working in incentive or recognition programs.
- Writing and or editorial experience.
- Familiarity with Advance database, or other relational database system.
- Knowledge of best practices in stewardship and donor relations
- Previous writing experience in a non-profit fundraising field or in a higher education setting.
- Experience with standard style guides (e.g., AP and Chicago).
U10 Job Open Date 10/26/2018 Review Begin Date 11/15/2018 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Employment Category Professional FT Position Term 12-Month Special Application Instructions Conditions of Employment:
This position may be required to work additional hours beyond the typical work week, to include evenings and weekends.
This is a restricted position subject to availability of funding.EEO Statement
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
- Other 2