Position InformationPosition Information Present Position Number 00260W Role Code Title Media Specialist III Position Title Videographer/Multimedia Producer Position Summary
This position provides a full range of media production, post-production, and delivery services to University Advancement to meet major goals. Priority is given to high-level video projects that communicate the university’s vision, priorities and achievements.
This position reports directly to the Director of Video & Multimedia Production. Internal relationships include all units within the University Advancement structure and units functioning within Strategic Initiatives, specifically the office of University Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Several years (typically more than three) of progressive professional experience in videography or a related field as well as a portfolio that demonstrates very strong creative proficiency.
- Experience with project development from inception to completion required: demonstrated ability to lead project teams using an understanding of project scope, feasibility, budget, timelines, milestones and dependencies.
- Experience using video production equipment including cameras, video recorders, editors, lighting instruments and sound recording equipment.
- Experience in computer-based media technologies and multimedia/graphics software.
- Strong computer skills: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition) and digital asset management tools.
- Demonstrates competency in visual composition, and audio and video editing
- Knowledge of trends in video production and various web tools and communication protocols including social media and online communities.
- Artistic and strong story-telling skills with an understanding of how to create unique, accurate, informative and engaging content on a variety of subjects, scenes and events to support various communication mediums.
- Excellent organizational, consulting, interpersonal, and communication skills, with evidence of on-going professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and diverse work environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and superb analytical, problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Experience with live streaming videos.
- Experience with script writing for productions
- Experience with Drone operation.
- Experience working in multimedia media for non-profit or higher education institutions
U09 Job Open Date 02/15/2019 Review Begin Date 03/02/2019 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Employment Category Operational FT Position Term 12-Month Special Application Instructions
Please attach a portfolio as the “other doc” option that demonstrates creative proficiency. This is required in addition to a resume and cover letter.Conditions of Employment:
- This position may be subject to overtime during evenings and weekends to meet deadlines.
- This position requires flexibility and the ability to travel occasionally.
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. There is an occasional need for over time work outside of typical business hours.
The College of William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
- Other 2
- Other 3