Calibration Technician III
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Metrology Manager, the Calibration Technician works closely with internal departments and external vendors to perform calibration, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair on laboratory and manufacturing analytical equipment and instrumentation according to cGMP and industry standards.
- Schedule calibrations with internal departments
- Train staff in performing calibrations on all critical process equipment ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and cGMPs
- Perform scheduled, demand, new and emergency calibrations on laboratory/process equipment
- Maintain calibration records, instrument tagging, change control documentation and deviation notifications. Assist Engineering staff in troubleshooting complex systems
- Responsible for the development of calibration methods, generating of SOPs, and identifying and procuring required standards
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel
- Act as technical advisor on instrumentation issues
- Perform other duties as needed
- Associate’s degree with 4-6 years of related experience
- Or High school diploma with a minimum of 6 –8 years of related experience
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervisio
- Previous experience in a cGMP environment is a plus. Also requires a thorough understanding of metrology principles defined in ASNI/NCSL.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Job may involve working with or near toxic or infectious materials.
- Employee will be required to follow MBL Infection Control plan as required by OSHA.