BUSINESS MANAGER III
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number S02316P Working Title BUSINESS MANAGER III Department Housing Admin Services & Comm About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department College/Unit/Department website Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS or ORP Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full/Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information
M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Advertised Salary $41,589 - $57,000 Posting Date 01/15/2019 Open until filled Yes Closing Date Proposed Starting Date 01/31/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification Title BUSINESS MANAGER III Pay Grade 073 FLSA Exempt Job Family Business And Finance FTE 100 Minimum Qualifications
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related discipline with nine+ years of related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Preferred Qualifications Position Summary
This position is critical to the operations of the Housing Business and Human Resources Office. The incumbent is responsible for rate proposal preparation, budget preparation, monthly and annual financial analysis and reporting, financial projections, year-end closing activities and various other financial/accounting duties and reporting. This position is also responsible for the supervision of two Accountant I’s and Budget Analysts.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
Ability to function independently and solve both routine and complex accounting problems. Ability to make decisions regarding business activities based on prescribed UGA policies and procedures. Strong communication skills and computer skills are needed. Proven supervisory and coaching skills.Physical Demands
Willing to lift and carry over 20 pounds, both assisted and unassisted.
Communicate effectively via telephone and in person. Utilize computer technology for all applications in a manner that meets performance expectations.
Concentrate for extended periods and organize diverse information.
Safely drive GA State vehicle.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
1. Prepares and administers monthly financial reporting. Including but not limited to: overseeing all departmental accounts, reviewing and analyzing monthly account information and reports for accuracy, investigating inconsistencies and reporting details to management, reconciling all financial information to official UGA records, monthly sales tax reporting and distributing income to various residence hall revenue accounts.
2. Prepares and administers year-end and annual reporting. Including but not limited to: year-end accounts receivable reporting, year-end unearned income reporting, year-end operational reporting, capital projects reporting, deferred income reporting, unrelated business income tax reporting and other financial reporting as assigned. Facilitates organizational review of annual insurance/risk management for departmental real estate and equipment. Serves as the alternate contact for annual inventory reporting.
1. Coordinates and communicates with management to develop and compile the basis for the operating budget and the rental rate proposal and prepare related annual budget and rate proposal documents.
2. Supervises, recruits and trains accountants and budget analyst whose work entails financial reporting of the plant fund accounts, travel, purchase cards, foundation accounts, hall council accounts, accounts receivable and other special billing activities.
1. Supports assistant director with updating and maintaining the department’s long term financial projections, preparation of Board of Regents (BOR) and UGA Real Estate Foundation requests for proforma and financial information. Serves as a resource to management by completing special financial analyses and budget assignments.Percentage of time 25 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
1. Reviews and provides backup for UGA Mart purchases, personnel reports, journal vouchers, check requests, travel reimbursements, budget amendments, Kronos timecards and P-card statements. Prepares deposits and maintains/reconciles internal records to official UGA records. Prepares monthly journal vouchers to make accounting adjustments and distributions.
2. Remains current on all UGA and BOR policy and procedure changes. Drafts correspondence to communicate or train housing management and staff of changes. Seeks policy interpretation guidance and establishment of sound business practices by interacting with the professional staff in other campus units including but not limited to: UGA Accounting, Budgets, Facilities Management, Bursar, Accounts Receivable and Procurement. Updates relevant policies and procedures in the housing staff manual.
3. Assists Assistant Director of Business and Human Resources as needed and may serve as backup in their absence.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a valid driver's license?
- No Response
- Cover Letter