Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number S02579P Working Title ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT Department Research VP Office Research Admin About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department
The Office of Research encourages and supports innovative interdisciplinary research, scholarship and creative activities that contribute to the physical, emotional and economic well-being of the people of Georgia, the nation and the world. Through partnerships and collaborations, we seek to share knowledge, increase innovation, and deliver the products of our research to the marketplace.College/Unit/Department website https://research.uga.edu/ Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Full/Part time Full Time Work Schedule Additional Schedule Information
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Advertised Salary $25,000 - $26,000 Posting Date 02/15/2019 Open until filled Yes Closing Date Proposed Starting Date 04/08/2019 Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Athens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification Title Office/Clerical Assistant Pay Grade FLSA Job Family Administrative FTE 1.00 Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualificaitons.Preferred Qualifications
Two years or more related experience in a higher education institution.Position Summary
The Office of Research is seeking a motivated, energetic individual to greet visitors, manage building access and assist researchers in ordering supplies for labs, including managing requests in the supply ordering system.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to work independently and cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
- Skill in exhibiting professionalism at all times with exemplary interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively interact with members of the university community at all levels
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time.
- Standing, bending, stooping, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling
- Willing to lift boxes up to 20 lbs.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Coverdell Stock Room
- Assist researchers in ordering lab supplies including, but not limited to, reviewing, approving and rejecting account requests and orders in the supply order system.Percentage of time 50 Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Office of Research Reception
- Answer phones and assist callers with information requests.
- Greet and direct visitors.
- Sort mail for all units in Coverdell and ensure mailbox assignments and building directory are accurate.
- Process payment requests, UGAmart orders, employee reimbursements and other transactions using university systems.
- Maintain Coverdell faculty listserv.
- Organize Coverdell lost and found, deliver documents and packages, perform document scanning, copying and filing.
- Prepare office for the day and close of business.
- Point of contact for building occupants requesting assistance with custodial help, broken equipment, unlocking doors, routine FMD work requests.
- Coordinate with building supervisor and maintenance staff for FMD work orders.
Coverdell Conference Rooms
- Review and respond to all requests and questions related to use of conference rooms.
- Prepare daily room cards for posting on conference room doors.
- Review and resolve conflicts related to conference room scheduling.
- Point of contact for technical support for conference room equipment.
Special projects assigned by Office of Research administrators.Percentage of time 5 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter