Mail Services Coordinator
SUMMARY AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Mail Services Coordinator has the overall responsibility for the college’s mail program. This responsibility includes coordinating Mail Center duties and schedules, sorting inbound mail and packages, maintaining all required records and files relating to Mail Services and US Postal Service and shipping and safety compliance, preparing and submitting required reports and scheduling and conducting training of student workers.
· Receive and sort inbound/outbound mail and packages.
· Complete clerical duties.
· Process outbound mail and packages.
· Wait on customers.
· Communicate (via voice and email) with faculty, staff and students regarding Campus Mail issues.
· Oversee and backfills technicians position in times of absence.
· Develop and update Mail Services procedures.
· Supervise student workers.
· Maintain all aspects of student mail distribution.
· Meet department heads and discuss mail procedures.
· Communicate with outside sales representatives.
· Perform maintenance duties.
Shipping & Receiving
· Receive and process inbound/outbound packages and freight.
· Operate fork truck to facilitate unloading of freight.
· Pack and ready packages for shipment.
· Process packages for shipment.
· Prepare items (freight) for truck shipments.
· Oversee the distribution of received items.
· Meets as needed with Manager of Central Services to review ongoing and new obligations and deadlines; remains familiar with all College Policy and USPS Policy on mail handling and has responsibility for carrying out proper procedure.
· College Mail representative with outside agencies.
· Maintains/submits monthly Mail Services Charge Back Reports.
· Maintains schedules for students.
· Maintains Business Reply mail account.
· Maintains USPS Account and Permits.
· Train new workers.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Demonstrates and maintains technical knowledge of the job and of related procedures and policies in order to provide quality support to the department and its constituents.
· Begins assignments without prompting, maintains productivity in both quantity and quality of work, and appropriately plans, organizes and prioritizes work in order to maximize the use of department resources.
· Independently contributes ideas and process improvements, and looks for creative solutions and better ways of doing things, in order to meet the goals of continuous improvement.
· Identifies, analyzes and addresses problems in order to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes the negative impact on the organization.
· Makes appropriate, timely and effective decisions in order to support the work of the department.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager
· At least three year’s related work experience.
· Must have knowledge of computer operations sufficient to coordinate all record keeping requirements with vision sufficient to read computer screen and printed materials.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to manage timetables and detailed paper work.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry 25 pounds on a regular basis.
· Must be able to stand for long period of times.
· Forklift Operator’s License.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Adapts to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
· Builds successful relationships with constituents and coworkers. Communicates and works effectively as a team member, in order to maximize the effectiveness of the office.
· Exhibits maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
· Understands and abides by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
· Works successfully with diverse others and upholds the College’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in order to help the organization realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
· Mail Handling Related Certifications.
Interested candidates should hit the apply button. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.