Manager, Ambulatory - Pain Management & Physical Medicine
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-25
Responsible for the leadership and management of designated area(s) of patient care services, administrative services and financial services. Ensure processes are in place to maintain standards of care/ administrative practice for all professional groups within assigned area which assure quality service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Fosters a work environment which promotes the development of integrated multidisciplinary work groups.
- Manages and develops partnerships with clinicians, physicians and administrative counterparts to achieve common goals.
- Develops programs which address continuous quality improvement and systems enhancement and streamlining.
- Examines all the costs of patient care for designated patient populations and facilitating changes to decrease costs.
- Establishes fiscal, operational, and personnel policies, prepares budgets and assists in long-range planning.
- Manages within the parameters of the established budget for all Units and/or Departments assigned and meeting the goals established by institutional budget initiatives.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree. If licensed to practice as Registered Nurse - Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program.
EXPERIENCE: 3 years relevant experience required. Management experience in an Ambulatory Environment preferred. Candidates with Registered Nurse experience strongly preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None required. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia preferred. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) strongly preferred.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping/walking, climbing (ladder, steps) and driving. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull > 100lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, noise, outdoor climate, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.