Human Resources Representative
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Human Resources Representative Union Level Department Human Resources Campus Stockton Posting Number 201301545P Full or Part Time Full Time Number of Months 12 Work Schedule
Duties performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel to distance campuses and required meetings and/or trainings.Position End Date Open Date 02/15/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Position Summary Information Primary Purpose
Under general supervision is responsible for timely and accurate processing of electronic personnel action forms (EPAF) in Banner in compliance with established procedures. Provides training and guidance to departments on EPAF origination and processing for staff, students and faculty employees. Additionally, will support with employee inquiries regarding benefits, compensation and general employee related policies at Pacific. The essential functions listed below describe the general nature and level of work but are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.Essential Functions
1. Performs a variety of day-to-day employment data management functions ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data in accordance and in compliance with established procedures.
• Maintains and updates employment data in the HR database for assigned employee groups.
• Performs daily and periodical data audits to ensure data integrity.
• Researches data discrepancies and performs applicable clean-ups, group data updates in the HR database.
• Creates documentation guides, job aids, checklists for resource material for better data management process.
• Participates in testing database upgrades, employment data management workflow and processes.
• Prepares ad-hoc reports as needed or requested.
2. Trains and assists departments, units, supervisors in EPAF origination and processing.
3. Supports the hiring and on-boarding process of new employees for assigned groups in accordance and in compliance of established procedures.
• Reviews and processes new hire documents for completeness and accuracy in a timely manner.
• Sends out new employee Notice to Employee form in accordance to California Labor Code section 2810.5
• Performs E-verify and documents response within three (3) days of hire.
• Processes EPAFs in a timely manner to ensure compliance to University, state and federal regulations.
4. Provides a wide range of operational support to department in areas listed below.
• Develops, facilitates and/or delivers training and presentation to departments or supervisors on employment processes and employment records submission.
• Oversees processing of student and temporary casual employment authorizations.
• Assist Human Resources Manager with termination processing and update relevant termination databases.
• Participates on various campus committees serving as a liaison between Human Resources and community.
• Develops and recommends new procedures for streamlining record keeping or employment processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.Minimum Qualifications
• Associates degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• One (1) or more years’ experience in Human Resources or related field.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in Human Resources or related field
• HR professional certification.
• HRIS and/or Banner database experience.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Completing detailed work with accuracy and efficiency.
• Experience interpreting and apply complex policies, procedures and regulations.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and database systems.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Familiarity with managing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of human resources procedures and functions and applicable employment federal and state laws and regulations.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion of hands and wrists. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed in a typical office environment with the use of computer, phone and office equipment. Duties performed during standard business hours, additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional travel to distance campuses and required meetings and/or trainings.
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have one (1) or more years’ experience in Human Resources or a related field?
- * Please describe your professional work experience directly related to Human Resources operational functions in eachof the following areas:•Data Entry•Data Audits
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience providing customer service and training related to employment processes and procedures.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you familiar Banner or other HR data management system? If so, please describe your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document