Lecturer - Chemistry (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Lecturer - Chemistry (Fall 2019) Position Number:10060332 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a chemistry lecturer on the Dahlonega Campus, to begin August 1, 2019.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2019.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Lecturer will be expected to have the expertise necessary to teach Survey of Chemistry I & II, Principles of Chemistry I & II, and the associated laboratories and possibly Organic Chemistry I Lab, Organic Chemistry II Lab, and/or Survey of Biochemistry.
- Will be responsible for teaching general chemistry both for majors and non-majors, and possibly other upper-level courses related to their field.
- Applicants are required to have an MS or PhD in any area of chemistry; however, preference will be given to those candidates with an MS or PhD in organic chemistry or biochemistry.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching.
- Excellence in teaching and university/community service are required.
- Service to the university and community, active participation in departmental activities, maintaining a collegial work environment, and professional development are expected.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Please submit contact information for three professional references. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.