Budget and Program Analyst (SJSU ONLY)
Job Title: Budget and Program Analyst (SJSU ONLY)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 24926
Job Code: 1038 Administrative Analyst/Specialist -12 Month
Department: Alumni & Community Engagement
CompensationClassification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II
Anticipated Salary Range: $5,580/month - $5,876/month
Salary Range: $4,693/month - $8,242/month
FLSA Status: Exempt
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position*This position is only opened to current SJSU employees.*
The Budget and Program Analyst is responsible for coordinating and managing project priorities under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Alumni and Community Engagement. The incumbent serves as the day-to-day department strategic resource, responsible for implementing business guidelines and facilitates clear communication and shared expectations around the departments operations. Working closely with the Associate Vice President, the Analyst oversees fiscal and budget coordination and preparation of general funds for the Alumni and Community Engagement and Special Events Departments as well as managing the departments Tower Foundation auxiliary fund. The Analyst compiles and analyzes financial information from the CFS Data Warehouse, designs and prepares a variety of general fund financial reports for year-end projections. The Analyst will review requests and create requisitions and travel for the AVP and staff. The Analyst provides work lead direction to one administrative assistant providing customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Partners with the AVP to identify and improve to processes for the quality of services to alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinates projects on behalf of the department, manages project priorities under the direction of the AVP, and provides project updates.
- Adheres to all SJSU and Foundation policies and procedures; remains abreast of latest system upgrades and processing instructions.
- Serves as a strategic resource to the Director of Financial and Administrative Services across the Division of University Advancement assisting with fiscal year budget planning.
- Uses current software (FTS) to facilitate budget and expense transfer journals, purchasing requisitions, and direct payment requests as necessary. Corresponds with Procurement and other departments as necessary.
- Exercises independent judgment to assure needs associated with campus and division-wide projects assigned to the team appropriately prioritized.
- Develops procedures to manage procurement processes related to division- and campus-wide events where multiple sources of funds are used and multiple departments are engaged in execution of the project.
- Actively participates in, and contributes to, Division Administrative Staff Support group meetings.
- Assists the AVP with preparation of reports and meeting materials and scheduling.
Minimum Qualifications- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
Preferred Qualifications- Two years of related work experience in project management
- Experience in a fast-paced office with competing priorities
- Experience leading staff employees
- Experience with PeopleSoft
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Advanced knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database management, graphic design
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions
- Ability to prepare department budgets and analyze funding allocations by account and meet established deadlines
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to research, develop, analyze, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures
Posting DateFebruary 15, 2019
Application ScreeningApplication Screening begins March 4, 2019
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application MaterialResume
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Additional InformationSatisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment StatementSJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
Contact InformationOne Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046