PCard/Accounts Payable Specialist
Position DetailsReq ID: req6220 Position Title: PCard/Accounts Payable Specialist Position Type: Staff Full-Time Position Number: 637709 OSU Campus: Oklahoma City Department: Purchasing Location Address:
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor: Sharon Fitzpatrick Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding): 12.62 - 12.62, Hourly Work Schedule: Varies Faculty Appt Period: Job Summary: Job Description:
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City procurement card program. Ensures compliance with applicable state laws and federal regulations in accordance with OSU Policy.
Minimum of one year of purchasing or related experience to include data entry and record keeping responsibility or experience in an office setting.
High school diploma/GED
Associate degree in accounting or business
Prior higher education, purchasing, or pcard experience
Essential Job Functions:1. Oversees the day to day pcard University pcard program. 2. Communicates with card holders and does desk top audits for compliance with OSU-OKC, state and federal laws, and OSU policies.3. Maintains all original records of the bank statement and transaction receipts for all cardholders.4. Informs pcard users in writing of pcard usage violations and follows up on those violations to see that there were corrected.5. Assists in creating pcard policies and procedures.6. Email applications and pcard training information to prospective cardholders.7. Work with cardholders, managers and accounts as needed on pcard rules and training on using the Works system.8. Prepare, run, and review various reports in Excel, Bank of America Works. Prepares pcard logs/transaction receipts for document imaging.9. Maintains spreadsheet for membership, subscriptions, licenses, printers and toner/ink cartridges.10. Responsible for pcard conflict of interest forms.11. Conduct biannual p-card training classes.12. Pulls copies of invoices for grants and physical plant accounts matching account transaction listings for pcard purchases.13. Completes all mandatory training and participates in a minimum of two professional developments each year.14. Perform other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Special Instructions to Applicants Education & Experience Position Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
· Strong technical proficiency, with working knowledge of Microsoft office applications including spreadsheets and databases.
· Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing to exchange information, give/receive instructions and respond to inquiries appropriately.
· Knowledge in methods, practices and procedures used in purchasing, record keeping and reporting
· Must be adaptable to performing under moderate levels of stress, imposed by frequent deadlines, peak workloads and public/employee contact.
· Strong time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in a fast-paced environment with analytical, technical, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters related to sensitive materials and office matters
· Must work constructively with faculty, staff, OSU-Stillwater, vendors, and outside entities.
· Ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks, with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently and also collaborate within a team environment.
· High degree of initiative.
· Professional and diplomatic demeanor and appearance.
· Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking, listening and computer usage
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations,OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.