Counselor (Tenure-Track Faculty)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Counselor (Tenure-Track Faculty) Classification Title Position Type Faculty Department Counseling Work Location Main Campus Duties
Perform a variety of counseling services to facilitate the academic, career, and personal/social growth and development of college students. Duties include providing individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, facilitating workshops, teaching credit courses, and consulting with faculty and staff regarding student concerns. This position will primarily serve students in the Counseling & Career Development Center. Fulfill other faculty responsibilities as required by the college.Education/Experience
Master’s degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or related field, Experience, training, and knowledge of individual/group counseling and assessment related to the academic, career, personal and social development of college students is required. Experience and training related to serving college students is strongly preferred. Candidate must possess a valid LPC, LSW, LCPC or LCSW license from the state of Illinois.
Three years of work experience required as a professional Counselor or Social Worker.Qualifications
This position requires a strong commitment to promoting student learning, student development, and student success through providing counseling services to meet the changing needs of an increasingly diverse student population. Candidates should have academic training and experience with counseling college students.Position Status Full Time Hours
Generally 8:30am-4:00pm, but varies to cover evenings, peak hours, and teaching schedules.Minimum Starting Rate High $40's Hourly/Salary Salaried Review of Applications Begins 02/28/2019 Posting Detail Information Posting Number FA00328P Open Date 02/14/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a full-time tenure track position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Although applications will be accepted until the positions are filled, only those received by the review date will be guaranteed full consideration.
Moraine Valley Community College
Office of Human Resources L167
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chicago Tribune
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- MVCC Website/Posting
- Employee of MVCC
- No Response
- * Are you a State Universities Retirement System (SURS) annuitant and currently receiving a monthly annuity?
- Do you have the minimum of a Master's degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or related field with experience, training, and knowledge in individual/group counseling and assessment related to the academic, career, personal and social development of college students?
- Do you have a minimum three years of work experience as a professional Counselor or Social Worker?
- An active LPC, LSW, LCPC, or LCSW that is valid in the state of Illinois is required for consideration. Please enter the license number(s) here
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts