Sr. Administrative Assistant to Assoc. VP/VD Health Sciences
Required Qualifications (as evidenced by an attached resume):
Associate’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative experience. Experience with advanced e-mail/calendar systems. Excellent computer skills – knowledge of MS Office Suites inclusive of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to prioritize multiple issues. Excellent organizational and communications skills – both written and verbal required. Customer service skills and critical thinking skills are required. Individual must be highly organized, be able to prioritize multiple issues and have a professional demeanor.
Bachelor’s degree (foreign equivalent or higher). Experience working in an executive setting supporting a senior level individual. Experience in a healthcare environment. Experience working with PeopleSoft, SBU Reporting, Oracle, ERAS, Wolfmart, SUNY Mainframe, and SMRT. Experience managing a budget. Knowledge of SBU HR policies and procedures.
Brief Description of Duties:
- The Senior Administrative Assistant to the Assoc. VP/Vice Dean for Health Sciences (AVP/VD) is expected to act in a highly confidential manner and is responsible for disseminating AVP/VD decisions throughout the division.
- Functions as Office Manager and serves as Senior Administrative Assistant to the AVP/VD and perform confidential administrative duties in a professional manner.
- Direct and respond to correspondence including e-mails and phone calls.
- Monitor deadlines for all matters of information and reporting to ensure completion.
- Prepare final and draft correspondence pertaining to routine matters, evaluation and program documents for the AVP/VD’s staff (12 members).
- Maintain timekeeping records for the office staff. Maintains confidential files and correspondence.
- Coordinate AVP/VD’s calendar: schedule and prioritize appointment and meetings determine location.
- Confirms meeting, attendees, location prior to scheduled appointment.
- Gather information and prepare agendas for the following meetings: Department Administrator’s, Staff, and Assoc. VP/Vice Dean’s one-on-one with SVPHS/Dean.
- Takes meeting minutes as required. Follow-up on action items assigned and follow-up with responsible party. Compiles necessary status reports.
- Review and prioritize all incoming mail and identify action items for the AVP/VD and advise on time-sensitive issues.
- Screens incoming telephone calls, researching and responding to various inquiries, determine when to direct inquiries to responsible Dean’s office administrative personnel.
- Provide outstanding customer service by maintaining a courteous and helpful approach when dealing with faculty/staff.
- Prepare and/or coordinate official correspondence and formal presentation made by the AVP/VD. Prepare draft document for various SOM Departments, Human Resource and other areas on campus.
- Provide administrative support for high level searches, as needed. Keep abreast of activities throughout the Medical Center, Health Sciences Center, Campus, and elsewhere that may require the AVP/VD’s attention.
- Works collaboratively with staff in the units within the Dean’s Office suite.
- Coordinate the OTPS budget for the Office of the AVP/VD. .
- The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, coordinating, and encumbering funds for the division.
- Prepare, monitor, coordinate and expedite purchase requisition and services for the AVP/VD; review invoices for accuracy prior to payment, performs data entry necessary to input expense information into spreadsheet format for the maintenance of records and preparation of reports & reconciliations as needed.
- Prepares and coordinates all travel arrangements as requested. Compile budget data as requested Prepares journal transfers and reconciliation for affiliated SOM areas.
- Oversee Dean’s Office equipment maintenance contracts and renewals.
- Assist in maintaining & reporting on Property Control records for the Dean’s Suite.
- Work with Contract Officer on the data entry and tracking, contract correspondences and contract routing and reporting for all 6 Schools.
- Oversee website development for the Dean SOM Office.
- Review periodically to ensure that the information is up-to-date.
- Make sure that new policies and decision are incorporated into site.
- Meet with AVP/VD to review final changes prior to implementation.
- Participates in projects and initiatives as assigned and perform other duties as requested.
- This may include representing the office of the AVP/VD at campus meetings.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
This is a full time appointment. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Shift: Day Shift
Posting Start Date: Feb 14, 2019
Posting End Date: Feb 28, 2019, 11:59:00 PM