Appointment/Position DetailPosition Information Classification Title Seasonal Groundsworker Job Title Seasonal Groundsworker Location Middlebury, VT Campus Hourly/Salaried Hourly Band/Level OP2 Hiring Minimum $12.07 Brief Position Summary
Please note that this position is subject to a post-offer pre-employment physical demands screening. For more information about this screening, please see the Physical Demands field below.
Temporary position through approximately November, 2019
- Sets up grounds for commencement and other major college events.
- Operates equipment for summer and winter grounds maintenance.
- Removes litter and debris from campus grounds.
- Prepares topsoil, seeds, waters, fertilizes areas for new grasses.
- Aerates, overseeds, weeds, fertilizes, mows, rakes and maintains turf areas.
- Assists in snow removal from steps, roads and walkways as assigned.
- Plants, waters, weeds, prunes and mulches flower beds and shrub and tree beds.
- Performs preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Performs all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in equipment repairs.
- Sets up bleachers.
- Assists General Services and Recycling work areas.
- Performs associated facilities service maintenance work as requested, including, but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting.
- High school diploma helpful. Vocational background preferable. Training in the proper use of equipment.
- Must have knowledge of proper use of equipment. Some knowledge of horticulture or landscape maintenance.
- Driver’s license and good driving skills required. Good interpersonal skills. Must be able to lift 10-30 lbs. frequently each day and up to 75 lbs. at least once a day. Must be able to push and pull up to 150 lbs. frequently. Ability to work Saturdays and Sundays as part of a regular or rotating work shift. Requires frequent walking and long periods of time standing. Involves frequent bending, twisting, crouching and reaching.
- 1-2 years experience in lawn and landscape maintenance.
Please note that this position is subject to a post-offer pre-employment physical demands screening. For more information about this screening, please see the Physical Demands field below.http://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/18657 Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2