Academic Advisor, Title V Grant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number: 0000845 Job Title: Academic Advisor, Title V Grant PS Position#: 00001197 Position Status: Full-Time Salary: Starting salary range of $44,692 - $49,161 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C42. Starting salary is commensurate with education and experience. Classification: Administrative Department: Title V Grant POSTING TEXT Job Summary/Basic Function:
This grant-funded position will advise students and community members on issues pertaining to the admission process, financial aid eligibility, career exploration, transferability of courses, and related academic concerns. Make referrals to inside/outside agencies as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Academic Advisors advise prospective, new, returning, continuing, and/or high school students which may include the following duties/activities:
- Assist with the admission process.
- Determine Texas Success Initiative obligation based on current state testing criteria and exemptions.
- Implement state and institutional policies and procedures.
- Interpret test scores.
- Provide degree path/plans and explain degree and certificate programs.
- Evaluation of unofficial transcripts for transferability of coursework.
- Assist with registration to include teaching students online processes, course selection, data entry, etc.
- Assist with resolution of academic issues as an advocate for students.
- Provide group advising and/or group registration.
- Complete and submit biweekly reports to the Title V Project Director.
- Coordinate and facilitate student orientation, financial aid workshops, and other Title V success initiatives for marginalized student populations.
- Assist in identifying and developing innovative strategies to support students from marginalized student populations in improve persistence and completion.
- Work cooperatively with faculty to identify needed early interventions.
- Teach a student course applicable to Title V grant expectations.
When scheduled, Academic Advisors could also function onsite at service area high schools as a Lee College representative within the respective Consolidated Independent School District assigned. The Advisor will be responsible for assisting in the high school student success and graduation efforts while fostering student awareness and aspirations toward Lee College and preparing students for admission to Lee College. Travel to service area high schools and community events, including but not limited to Liberty and Chambers counties, will be required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- All registration times are considered peak-times requiring extra duties, time, and days.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of the position is based on the continuation of the grant and satisfactory job performance. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Student Personnel, Psychology, Sociology, Education, or closely related fields
- Two (2) years of related work experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and other staff members
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule with mandatory evenings and weekends
- Master’s degree in Education or have a Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in Education
- Previous experience working at a community college
- Previous experience working with high school students
- Bilingual – Ability to read, write, and speak both English and Spanish
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter and copies of transcripts for all completed college credit work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Student Personnel, Psychology, Sociology, Education or a closely related field?
- * Do you have a Master’s (or higher) degree in Education or have a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in Education?
- * Do you have two (2) years of related work experience?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends as required?
- * Can you read, write, and speak both English and Spanish?
- * Do you have experience working at a community college?
- * Do you have experience working with high school students?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document