Application Development Manager
Application Development ManagerTracking Code557-662 Job Description
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Application Development Manager will work with the Director of Technology Services to establish the strategic direction for the application development group. This individual will provide guidance to the team on application development project and resource management issues including reviewing project requests, setting project priority and overseeing major development activities. The Application Development Manager will serve as the lead designer in developing a strategic campus-wide fully integrated and web enabled enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform. The individual will work in partnership with application development customers to translate their needs into application systems.
- Plans, assigns, and directs the activities of professional and technical personnel involved in the design, development, and systems analysis functions required to maintain and update existing systems, create new applications or integrate with software systems purchased from outside vendors.
- Implement project management best practices and apply to all facets of the application development life cycle.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications and applications in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those applications; reviews requests for application changes required to meet needs of the university.
- Conducts meetings with department managers to determine application development requirements based on new project priorities and system needs.
- The Manager will maintain a strong communication link with end user’s of application programming services to ensure that the output meets their needs.
- Responsible for security of enterprise application system including security access and code review.
- Work with the Director of Technology Services to continually improve the level and quality of technology services.
- Supervise and provide technical leadership as well as encouraging and administering appropriate professional development opportunities for the Application Development staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Experience with large scale enterprise application projects.
- Extensive technical experience with database and reporting systems (Oracle experience preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills with passion for data integrity, process definition, and continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently.
- Drives results and is solution-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and ability to meet university driving standards.
Maintain effective campus-wide application development customer relationships. Lead efforts to enhance these relationships by creating cross-functional teams committed to improving the integration and quality of the underlying ERP platform.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent work experience.
- Must have three to five years experience in application development and experience managing application development projects.
Must have successful completion of criminal record check, driving record check and reference checks.Job Location Appleton, Wisconsin, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular