Job Number: 81938
Research Administrator 2
Job Code: 4482 Job Grade: G FTE: 100%, Exempt, Continuous
School of Engineering, Office of the Dean
The School of Engineering (SoE)
The SoE has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Are you ready for the next step in your research administration career? If you have three years of research administration experience, this role may be perfect for you. On behalf of eight SoE academic departments, the Engineering Research Administration (ERA) administers approximately 920 annual awards and $121 million in annual sponsored research. ERA is a high-volume and productive administrative unit, and the ERA staff collectively manage the pre- and post-award activities for a large and diverse portfolio of sponsoring agencies (over 290 different agencies). ERA is looking for a Research Administrator (RA) who will provide a full range of administrative, financial and other tasks associated with pre- and post-award sponsored research activities and services, including proposal preparation and post-award management of funds and budgets. The RA will manage the proposal preparation and post-award activities on routine sponsored projects such as federal grants, foundation grants, and industrial contracts.
In this role, you will:
- Consistently provide excellent customer service.
- Initiate, complete, and submit contract and grant proposals on behalf of Principal Investigators (PIs) to the university's Office of Sponsored Research (OSR).
- Independently interpret research and fiscal policies, ensuring that each award in the RA's portfolio adheres to regulations set forth by the sponsor and the university.
- Monitor and report on the fiscal status of each award to both PIs and sponsors and provide financial reports that are reflective of a PIs sponsored activities.
Other keys to success:
In addition, preferred requirements include:
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. In order to be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.
Location: School of Engineering, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency