Audio Visual Technician
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-14
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The audio-visual technician provides audio-visual services and systems support in classrooms and other learning spaces. Additionally, the incumbent sets up, operates, maintains, and repairs equipment used to enhance live events, such as microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting, and sound mixing equipment. This employee also records meetings and presentations, operates spotlights, adjusts amplifiers, coordinates graphics used in displays, and provides technical support for teleconferences, webinars, and distance-learning classes. The audio-visual technician edits, copies, and stores videotapes and DVDs, tracks inventory of equipment, and orders supplies.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists faculty and speakers with the use of audio-visual devices and presentation software.
2. Ensures that equipment used for presentations is correctly configured and operating properly.
3. Arranges for and supervises both periodic maintenance and repairs of all audio-visual equipment.
4. Records lectures and guest presentations.
5. Conducts basic video editing and posts recordings to University websites.
6. Provides group and individual training related to the use of University audio-visual equipment.
7. Documents and maintains procedures related to the use of all audio-visual equipment.
8. Keeps all audio-visual equipment areas neat and well ordered.
9. Ensures that audio-visual equipment is kept current and meets the changing audio-visual needs of the University.
10. Keeps abreast of current audio-visual technologies and practices.
11. Works with IT staff to maintain a listing of all University audio-visual equipment.
12. Coordinates with IT staff to ensure that proper levels of audio-visual consumables are kept in stock.
13. Recommends improvements to classrooms and other learning spaces.
14. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
• Associate Degree in relevant field.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure.
• Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:i101