Sr. Program Coordinator -- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-02-14
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Senior Program Coordinator at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute performs both technical and complex administrative projects in the day-to-day operations. Applies independent judgment in the completion of assignments which include high level customer service to OLLI membership, providing high level administrative support to Director. May act as a lead to lower level administrative and student staff assigned to OLLI.
Core Job Functions
• Provides assistance and support for OLLI members in all administrative aspects of the program to ensure a positive learning experience and improve quality and value of the program. Registers OLLI members for courses using University procedures and systems. Responds to various instructor and OLLI member requests for information. Creates monthly budget reports to ensure operations are within plan. Assists with database maintenance and enrollment management. Ensures administrative processes and associated forms are completed in a timely manner. Ensures all instructor payments are appropriately accounted for and submitted to the Director for review and approval.
• For payroll paid instructors calculates pay and prepares worksheet. Attaches supporting documentation of classes taught for approval by the OLLI Director.
• For instructors paid as vendors ensures that the instructors submit their invoices timely Attaches supporting documentation of classes taught for approval by the OLLI Director.
• Assist the OLLI Director with the management of the community partners invoices to ensure the community partners are billed on a timely basis for the OLLI curriculum support provided to them. Plans and participates in open houses for the department. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets. Resolves or identifies solutions to unique situations where each contact must be handled differently using judgment discretion. Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations in a fast paced environment. Completes special assignments as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in addressing operational and customer needs.
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Commitment to the University’s core values.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
• Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
• Excellent Interpersonal skills.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104