ITOC System Administrator 2
ITOC System Administrator 2
Job Number: 81892
System Administrator 2 - ITOC
Job Family: Information Technology Services
: System Administrator
Job Code: 4832
Job Series Matrix URL: View PDF
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Job Code: 4832
Job Grade: I
Work schedule is Sunday - Thursday 1:00pm - 10:00pm.
Working with a team of other System Administrators within the Stanford University IT Operations Center (ITOC), receive, analyze, resolve and/or triage computing hardware, software, telecommunications, Video Conferencing and networking incidents.
- First Response, End-to-End Incident Management.
- Major Incident Owner: Responsibility includes but is not limited to infrastructure monitoring, alert triage, Subject Matter Expert (SME) callouts, escalations, Incident Task creation, Problem Record creation.
- Crisis management, Major Incident Commander and Service Alert and Outage update management for Major Incidents.
- Primary owner and coordinator for the UIT Department Operations Center/Disaster Recovery efforts.
- Monitoring and first-line support of Stanford's network (wired and wireless as well as connections to the Internet).
- Tier support for Unified Communications, paging, door security and email systems, as well as other campus-wide systems.
- Provide initial systems response to reports of service degradations or outages.
- Monitoring and supporting IT Services' Data Center activities, from coordinating after-hours access, to monitoring of the housed systems (servers, network connections, HVAC and security systems).
- Perform tape and storage system activities, including handling regular operational activities (system reporting, data scans).
- Remote hands tasks for servers and network connections.
Please note: Although standard shifts are assigned, the ability to work swing shifts and owl shifts is required with appropriate notice.
- Answer ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) line and respond to web generated ServiceNow tickets; triage client and monitoring system reported problems; resolve identified problems using excellent customer service practices. Assess the extent of problems and take corrective action and initial response as specified in written procedures; work as a team with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on more complex problems and vendor remote technical assistance; act on behalf of SME or vendor technical representatives for “remote hands” operations as directed. This work requires detailed knowledge and expertise in the campus' enterprise telephone systems (Cisco Call Manager, AVAYA and Workforce Optimization (WFO) Contact Center(s), Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Nortel CS2100, VMware ESXI hosts, Lenel door security systems, Spok paging infrastructure, Verint and Voxida voice recording), and monitoring tools.
- Monitor UIT services / building facility environmental conditions and take corrective action as necessary, including executing first response protocols and coordinating with Technical Facilities and Facility Operations for the University and Hospital. Handle escalations to SMEs and others. Acknowledge alarms and chat communication promptly and according to written procedures.
- Build, install, configure, analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Resolve difficult system problems and provide consultation or training.
- Configure and assist in the design of system and network security.
- Manage hardware, software, and utilities for installation, modification, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades of operating systems and workstation environments.
- Serve as a liaison to the named Subject Matter Expert groups in University IT. Bring pertinent issues to the attention of staff and communicate issues back and forth between the group(s). Maintain additional knowledge and serve as Subject Matter Expert in certain named areas, and mentor and educate other staff members for cross-training purposes.
- Monitor and analyze resource usage to recommend/develop enhancements to system capabilities and performance.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new technologies, and integrate systems into the computing environment.
- Document systems infrastructure for users, support and consulting personnel, and developers.
- Train personnel who provide support and consulting services to users.
- Act as liaison with various departments across campus.
- Facilitate vendor relationships.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with complex multi-system platforms and vendors.
- Experience coordinating multi-system and computing environments in independent computing facilities.
- Experience developing/implementing a business continuation and disaster recovery plan.
- Proven ability to develop appropriate plans to meet computing needs.
- Expert ability to program in multiple programming languages in multiple operating systems.
- Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex system deployment projects in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of security trends and best practices.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 21>40 pounds.
- Extended hours and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Location: Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency