Software Developer - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (109667)
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA) seeks candidates for Software Developer. This position is part of a larger team that has responsibility for all technology functions and reports to the Assistant Athletics Director, Sports Technology. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining custom software and database applications for the department and advises the staff in DIA Sports Technology on the software needs based on communications with various groups within DIA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, develop, and support custom software, database applications, and web services based on departmental needs.
- Hire, train, evaluate, and schedule student software developers
- Manage software development lifecycle for custom software development projects.
- Manage software development and deployment processes and systems.
- Manage stakeholder relationships to gather and revise project requirements.
- Work with outside vendors to provide necessary unit and university data in accordance with established policies and security guidelines.
- Rotate on-call availability with other team members for off-hours issues.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institutional rules that relate to this position is required.
Experience - Required
- Two years software development in a Windows/.NET environment.
- Demonstrated experience with databases including schema design, authoring queries, or performance optimization in relational and/or non-relational databases.
- Experience with source control, continuous integration or continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Experience with Windows or Linux based scripting languages and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field
- Experience working with cloud hosted services – AWS, Azure.
- Experience managing student workers.
- Experience with Git, GitLab, GitHub.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with University of Illinois Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
- Experience in a college athletics environment.
- Experience with Linux
Successful Candidates will posess:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and delegate multiple projects.
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after close date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by April 2, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:8-Technical Title:Software Developer - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (109667) Open Date:03/12/2019 Close Date:04/02/2019 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics