For security purposes, this system automatically logs you off when it senses no activity for 60 minutes. Please click either the Next button or you can go to different pages of the application by selecting the page from the dropdown menu and clicking GO button every 60 minutes in order to avoid losing your data.Position Information Top Message Both current Ohio State employees and the general public may apply for this unclassified professional position. Message to Applicants Number of Positions Available 1 University Title Systems Developer/Engineer Working Title Web & Interface App Engineer Department OSC Gateways Department Location Columbus Requisition Number 446005 Summary of Duties
The Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC) provides high-performance computing (HPC) services for Ohio’s university researchers and industrial clients. The Web & Interface Applications Group develops software solutions including OnDemand, science gateways, and HPC interface apps. This engineer position will work as part of a team designing, developing, and testing web and Linux applications and web services that leverage OSC resources. Specific responsibilities include quality control, unit testing, usability assessment, as well as community engagement, documentation development/upkeep, and metric tracking. The ideal candidate will be a software developer, with a focus on testing or usability research.
Work Environment and Culture: The Web & Interface Applications Engineer will report to the Director of Strategic Programs at the Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) main office, located on The Ohio State University’s West Campus. The Consortium functions as an umbrella organization for Ohio’s statewide technology infrastructure that includes: the Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC), the Ohio Academic Resources Network (OARnet), and the Ohio Library and Information Network (OhioLINK).
Funded by the Ohio General Assembly through the Ohio Department of Higher Education, OH-TECH reports to the Chancellor of the Ohio Department of Higher Education. All fiscal and legal services are provided by The Ohio State University, with direction from the Vice President of Research. Through committees and direct contact with faculty and student researchers, OH-TECH is well positioned to meet the needs of those who require our resources. And to plan for future acquisitions and services, OH-TECH relies upon the guidance of the Ohio Department of Higher Education and the advice of committees to achieve and sustain national eminence.
The Ohio Supercomputer Center provides supercomputing, cyberinfrastructure, research and educational resources to a diverse state and national community, including education, academic research, industry and state government.Additional Information for Applicants: Pre Employment Screening Requires the successful completion of a background check. Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in a computing, science, mathematics or engineering discipline, or combination of education and relevant professional experience; proficient in Linux/UNIX user environment; experience programming in a modern web programming language such as Python or Ruby, and ability to develop web applications with Ruby/Rails or Python/Django; experience with automated web testing tools and usability assessment; good verbal and written communication skills; ability and clearance to work on export controlled projects.Desired Qualifications
Interest in high-performance computing or modeling and simulation. Active on Github, Bitbucket, or other alternative; experience doing software development with a team of developers.Target Salary $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 Annually Job Category Information Technology (IT) Job Appointment (FTE%)
100.0Full/Part Time Full-time Temporary or Regular Regular Posting Start Date 01/26/2019 Posting End Date 03/17/2019 Dept Contact Name Gall,Kristin L Dept Contact Phone 614/247-8036 Quick Link http://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/92257 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Select one box that best represents your number of full years paid employment:
- Some, but less than one full year of employment
- 1 full year or more of employment
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 or more years
- * Select the box that best represents your educational training:
- Attended school but did not receive high school diploma or GED
- High school diploma or GED, but no college credit hours
- Completed less than 45 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 45 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 90 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 135 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed 180 college credit hours, but did not graduate
- Completed an Associate's degree
- Completed a Bachelor's degree
- Completed a Master's degree or higher
- * Are you related in any way to a faculty/staff member in the unit of the position for which you are applying?
- * What prompted you to apply for this position at The Ohio State University? Please select an answer below:
- Referred by personal contact
- Referred by OSU recruiter
- Job/Career Fair
- Columbus Dispatch
- Professional organization
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Local newspapers
- * Do you have at least one year of experience programming in a modern web programming language such as Python or Ruby, and ability to develop web applications with Ruby/Rails or Python/Django?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience with automated web testing tools and usability assessment?
- * Do you have at least one year of experience doing software development with a team of developers?
- Cover Letter